Monday, October 30, 2006

Fedora Core 6

I tried installing Fedora Core 6 this weekend. The install itself went without a hitch, which is usually the case with Fedora. The problems came when I tried to boot into it.

My computer at home is setup with two drives. The primary being Windows XP, and a secondary drive that install random Linux builds to. I had no troubles with Ubuntu 6.06 on that drive. Fedora begins booting (and looks really cool doing it), then it hangs at one of two points. Either "Starting sendmail", or "Starting yum-updatesd". Well I re-installed a few times (to mess with the grub setup really). And no luck, same result.

I was truly disappointed by this as the Fedora distro has been decent in the past, and Core 6 looks really exciting with the built in AIGLX Compiz stuff.

Well, I burned Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy Eft" last night. I guess I'll install that next and wait for some update from Fedora.

No comments: