Thursday, October 18, 2007

IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 Released

IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 was released three days ago. I just got it up and running here, so I'll be feeling out the new features.

The folks at IntelliJ were kind enough to provide the developers of the Acegi Security (aka Spring Security) framework an Open Source license for use in the Acegi Security project. In the past I had to contact them when new major releases came out. This time they were on the ball. A new license key was mailed out the next day. So, if you work on an open source project and would like to try out IntelliJ you can apply for an Open Source license.

Now a quick list, for my own reference really, of the features I'm most interested in...


These are just the new or improved features. I already believe that IDEA is simply the best Java IDE out there. Period. Lots of folks complain that it's not free. Well, it is free to Open Source projects, and the individual license is pretty respectable at US$249.

I think I'll try out the new features and build a sample project around my DAO articles and upload it here...

No comments: