Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Big Day for Soccer Fans

Today is the UEFA Champion's League Final. AC Milan will play Liverpool in what's sure to be...
...oh who cares.

I'm an ignorant American and I don't give a damn about Soccer. I've been listening to sports radio and poking around on the internet a bit. I can appreciate the magnitude of it to the individual fan, this is their SuperBowl, their World Series. Here's the thing though, the rest of the world doesn't give a damn about those two events either. A large portion of our planet will be watching this event, think about that.

It's amazing that Soccer is such a worldwide phenomenon and still, as of yet, hasn't taken hold here in the states. I don't know anything about Soccer, and I'll never play it (too much damn running around on a field the size of Luxembourg).

My (almost) 5 year old daughter is going to be doing a little Soccer with the Park District this year. Maybe she'll get hooked? Maybe I'll get hooked? Somehow I doubt it...

What do you wanna bet that this will be my only post with the tag "Soccer"?

No comments: